Forgot your password?
Education Abroad Network
Education Abroad Network
Education Abroad Network
<?=imgAlt?> <?=imgAlt?>

Undergraduate Degree in Australia

Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Australia or New Zealand is a great way to distinguish yourself from your peers. Not only will you be earning a degree from a world-recognized university, but you will be experiencing a new and enriching culture.

Degree Recognition

While you may or may not be familiar with the university to which you are applying, TEAN's 19 partner universities in Australia are highly recognized institutions known the world over for academic excellence and leading research. Four of the Australian universities are ranked in the top 50 universities in the world based on the QS World University Rankings (2013). Your degree from an Australian university will be recognized by both employers and universities worldwide. In fact the majority of our university partners have received approval from the US Department of Education to participate in the Federal Financial Aid program.

Degree Structure

The Bachelor's Degree from an Australian or New Zealand university is structured differently than a Bachelor's degree from a US institution. A degree from an Australian or New Zealand universitiy is typically completed in three years compared to four years in the US. The first year of coursework in the US consists of general education courses and possibly introductory courses into your chosen major. In Australia and New Zealand students do not complete general education requirements. The degree consists of concentrated courses in your major that begin in your first semester.

Academic Calendar

The New Zealand and Australian academic year runs from February to November, with the first semester held from February to June and the second semester held from July to November. Please visit Program Dates for more information on semester dates.

Finding Your Degree Program

TEAN's Full Degree Program Manager has over 10 years of experience working with Australian universities, and can advise you on relevant universities for the your academic area of interest. Feel free to contact Helen Armitage by email for assistance selecting the graduate degree program that is right for you.

Admissions Requirements

While TEAN can offer advice and assistance with the application process, we cannot approve an application for admission. Admissions decisions are made solely by the overseas university.

Below are a a list of general guidelines and admissions requirements for our Australian partner universities.

  • In addition to providing your official academic transcripts, you may be required to take the SAT or ACT.
  • Most universities do not require a minimum high school GPA for admission. This does not mean that these universities are easier to gain admission into. In fact, in some cases, they may be more competitive. Each piece of your application will be assessed for admission, including your high school GPA.
  • If you are currently an undergraduate student in the US and are hoping to transfer to an overseas university to complete your degree, you may not need to complete the SAT or ACT to gain admission. If you have completed 30 or more credit hours at an undergraduate level, this may be sufficient for entry. If you have not completed 30 credits, you will most likely need to submit your high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores. You should also submit syllabi of all previous university coursework and all college transcripts.

Degree Student Review

"The Educational Abroad Network has provided exceptional service. They promptly replied to all my emails and frequently followed up with me on the application process. In addition, they communicated effectively and relayed all messages between both ends-- the University and I. I have had a great experience throughout the whole process and would highly recommend their services to my friends and family." - Sonny Runyang

Contact Helen Armitage, TEAN's Full Degree Program Manager, with any questions related to completing an undergraduate degree in Australia.