Welcome to Peppers Broadbeach Apartments
Your Resident Director will meet with each student group upon arrival or after settling into your apartment to discuss your responsibilities while living in TEAN accommodation. This accommodation has been secured by TEAN for the entire length of your study.
TEAN has built a strong relationship with Peppers Broadbeach Apartments, on-site managers and your neighbors. We want you to have a good time this semester, but please remember to respect this apartment and the neighbors at all times.
You are each personally responsible for the condition of your own room. Any damages occurring in your room will be billed to you accordingly. As a household, you are all responsible for keeping your apartment clean and tidy for the duration of your stay. Any damages occurring to the common areas will be billed/shared by the household members.
To ensure you keep your apartment in good condition, the Resident Director will be making monthly inspections, or more frequently if deemed necessary. You will be notified at least 24 hours in advance of these inspections.
Please ensure that the apartment is securely locked before you leave each day.
Most conveniences have been supplied and are in the apartment. Please report any breakages or missing items as soon as possible to the on-site manager or your TEAN Resident Director.
Smoke alarms have been fitted and you should familiarize yourself with an escape route in the event of fire. Do not under any circumstances disable your smoke alarm! If you disable your smoke alarm, you will be charged for repairs/reconnection. If the fire department is called out you will be fined $1,050.
You have been issued with a full set of keys to your unit. The cost to replace lost or stolen keys is expensive (approximately $45 per set), therefore please be responsible and do not lose your keys. They must be returned at the end of your stay Should you lose your keys, please report this to your Resident Director immediately.
A cleaning service will be provided twice a week every 7 days from the time of check-in. Do not take advantage of this service – it is intended mainly for changing linens/towels and quick vacuuming/tidying. The cleaners won’t clean the floor or bench tops if things are covering them (clothes, personal items) so please try and not leave things on the floor or benches (or baths/showers). You will need to tend to your own dishes, etc.
Your Resident Director will receive a weekly update on the condition of your apartment from the cleaning staff. You will be provided with small amounts of laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent and dishwashing liquid each week. To ensure you don’t run out, please purchase your own supplies for the semester at the local grocery stores.
Please utilize garbage chutes on every floor. Do not expect the maids to remove your rubbish – this is your responsibility.
Calling from Your Apartment
You are responsible for paying for your phone calls if made from your apartment. If the bill hasn’t been paid after departure this will come out of your housing deposit.
To make calls:
Dial “0” for an outside line
Dial“9” for reception
If you are giving other people your telephone number (the landline at your apartment), give them the general number of the Peppers Apartments (07) 5635 1000 and reception will transfer the call to your apartment.
At the End of Your Stay
Property Managers are very strict in Australia. You MUST leave your accommodation exactly as you found it (e.g. in good clean condition with all personal belongings, food, etc. moved out). The Resident Director will contact you in writing a month before your departure to outline the procedures for moving out.
TEAN has signed the tenancy agreement for all units/houses. However, you are responsible for maintaining the units in the manner required by the owners. Before departing the U.S. you were required to read and sign the TEAN, LLC HOUSING AND RESIDENCE AGREEMENT which outlined the conditions of your residing in TEAN accommodation.
As a reminder – during your stay you must:
- Keep all plumbing clean and clear
- Dispose of all garbage as directed by management
- Keep the walls, floors, doors and ceilings of the premises free of nails, screws or adhesive substances
- Not intentionally or negligently damage the premises and inclusions (including glass and mirrors)
- Only hang clothing and other articles outside the premises in areas designated by the owner or his agent
- Request permission before the installation of any picture hooks
- Be aware that Blu-Tac and all stickers ARE NOT PERMITTED to be used on any surface
Air conditioning should be set no lower than 23 degrees Celsius due to the high humidity in Queensland. Please turn off the air-conditioning units when the weather cools and/or you will be away from the apartment for an extended period of time.
High-speed wireless Internet is provided and can be used throughout your apartment. Please be patient and remember internet speeds may not be as fast as in the U.S. You have unlimited data. Please provide your device IP address to reception soon after arrival so they can ensure you don’t have to keep requesting passwords every week.
Please speak with the reception to obtain your passwords.
If you have any issues regarding the apartment, please contact reception immediately.
If you are unsuccessful in an attempt to resolve an issue through reception, please contact your Resident Director.
Noise Complaints, Etc.
- Peppers Apartments has a “No Excessive Noise/No Party Policy”. If you break this policy you risk being evicted immediately by Peppers Apartments Management. PLEASE NOTE – PEPPERS IS HIGH SCALE APARTMENT LIVING AND AS SUCH YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO TREAT THE COMPLEX WITH RESPECT. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW RULES OUTLINED IN THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL FACE IMMEDIATE EVICTION.
- Upon receiving a complaint, Peppers Apartments Security will visit your apartments and investigate the complaint. Depending on the circumstances, you will be warned, fined or possibly evicted.
- You will only receive one warning from Security.
- Any successive complaints about your apartment will be directed immediately to your Resident Director who will follow up directly with you and your housemates. Depending on the circumstance, you will receive an Official Warning (which you must sign and acknowledge), be issued a fine or an Immediate Eviction Notice.
- Should you receive an Official Warning and any subsequent complaints occur, this will bring an Immediate Eviction Notice regardless of the circumstances.
- All TEAN housing is smoke free. Smoking is also prohibited on all balconies. Please smoke outside of the apartment building.
- All TEAN housing is drug free. If you are found using drugs within your apartment, you will be immediately evicted.
- If dirty pots and pans are left in the sink there may possibly be an additional cleaning charge.
NOTE: Our students typically feel very privileged to live in this upscale housing. While we encourage you to enjoy yourself and be social, we also recommend you take large social gatherings outside of your unit to make noise complaints less likely. Remember, there are other residents, families, and business people living in these apartments and you must respect everyone.
- Front desk (reception/security): open 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Emergencies: Dial 9
- Gym/fitness room: open from 6:00 AM – 9:30 PM
- Indoor/outdoor swimming pool: open from 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
PEPPERS BROADBEACH HOUSE RULES
- Guests found breaching the terms and conditions may be evicted without prior warning and, if required, law enforcement will be notified and requested to attend.
- Should we suspect involvement in illicit activities in the apartment or in or around the property, we have the right to contact the police to investigate further and evict any and all persons we suspect may be involved.
- Management reserves that right to inspect the apartment during your stay or on departure.
- Should a room be deemed unusable after your departure or eviction, you will be liable for all expenses to return the apartment to its original state along with any related loss of income incurred during this period, charged at the current best available rate.
- Eviction will include the loss of all prepaid monies held for the remaining duration of the booking; this balance will not contribute towards any outstanding incidentals or any damages including the potential loss of income due to any damages.
- It is the policy of Peppers Broadbeach that immediate eviction will be the result if any guests or guest’s visitors are found to have thrown any item off the balcony. This includes bottles, glassware, or any other in room or personal item. There will be NO prior warnings, only immediate eviction with NO refunds on accommodation.
- In the event of a call to local authorities which results in a fee or charge, this charge will be directly attributed to the registered guest. ($1,050.00 for a fire alarm resulting in fire brigade attendance).
- No more than the registered number of guests are permitted in the apartment after 10:00 PM.
- After 9:00 PM, noise must be kept to a minimum and in accordance with local legislation governing noise control. Unregistered guests creating a nuisance may be asked to vacate the premises.
- The apartment and its contents on departure will be returned in a similar condition to arrival. We recommend checking the apartment upon entry, if you have any concerns with your apartment on arrival, please notify reception immediately.
- The apartment must not be used for any illicit activities.
- Objects must not be thrown from the balconies.
- A non-smoking policy is enforced at all times. Any room left with a cigarette odor upon departure, will attract a $200.00 smoking fee. This fee covers the cost of a professional deodorization process to return the room to its original quality.
Close Circuit TV cameras are in use in and around the property and in the lifts. Footage may be used as evidence in a court of law.