2022 is the year to get back out there and explore the world! After a … Read more
Summer in Singapore
Experience the vibrant business culture of Singapore and Asia with Singapore Management University’s Global Summer Program. This program offers students a unique learning opportunity to take courses from a prestigious Asian university that is EQUIS and AACSB accredited while networking with business leaders in one of the world’s most active business hubs. Participants can take one or two courses over four weeks taught by a diverse group of faculty that use real-life case studies and examples.
Take courses focusing on Business, Innovation and Society in Asia that cover current hot topics at the EQUIS and AACSB accredited Singapore Management University
Spend your summer in Singapore, a globally focused, English-speaking, Asian city. Singapore was recently named the second safest city in the world according to the Safe Cities Index of 2019 released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
The SMU Global Summer Program includes invaluable opportunities to network with respected CEOS & industry experts from various fields during weekly Wine & Cheese nights
Participate in a valuable on-site orientation at the start of the program
Appreciate access to TEAN’s Singapore Resident Director for continued support throughout the semester
Live in off-campus apartments conveniently located within walking distance to campus, and with easy access to trains and buses to explore the entire city
Explore both East and Southeast Asia conveniently and inexpensively from the centrally located country of Singapore
Upon arrival in Singapore TEAN’s local Resident Director gets you settled into your accommodation and provides a one-day orientation. An introductory tour around Singapore and a welcome dinner will get you accustomed to your surroundings and our local support staff. The day before classes start at Singapore Management University, take advantage of the university Orientation during which you will also complete final registration for classes.
Students live in off-campus apartments a short distance away from the SMU campus. The apartments are within easy access of trains and buses to take you all over the city. The apartment complex includes on-site laundry, 24-hour security, communal lounge and work spaces, a small gym and is within walking distance to cafes, restaurants and shops. Students will be responsible for their own meals and cooking. Utilities and Internet are included.
Our team works with you from start to finish through the study abroad process. Our programs staff will help guide you through the application process to go abroad, then upon arrival in Singapore, you will meet our team who will provide assistance during your time in-country. Our staff is readily available and able to assist you with any academic, social, or cultural questions or issues that you may face during your time abroad.Meet the Team
Students may sign up for many weekend activities offered by Singapore Management University – from city tours, to brewery visits, to food trails! Our local staff also arranges a cultural event during the Summer program. The activity changes each summer based on the interests of the TEAN group.
About Singapore Management University
- Founded in 2000 with collaboration from world-class institutions, Singapore Management University is one of the youngest institutions in the world to achieve both AACSB and EQUIS accreditations.
- Ranked top 100 in the world for both accounting and finance, and business and management by the QS World University subject rankings 2019.
- With an emphasis on globalization, SMU features full-time faculty members and industry practitioners representing more than 30 different nationalities and 84% of the university’s full-time students have gone on their own overseas program.
- SMU’s seminar-style approach keeps classes small, stimulating, interactive and encourages critical thinking.
- Located in the center of the city, SMU’s campus is cosmopolitan (think NYU) and features coffee shops, a library, reading rooms, art studios, sports hall, gymnasium and swimming pool.
Singapore Management University is a city campus located in the center of Singapore. Visit the google map link below to see the location.View Map
Students can take 1 course over the four-week program, which usually transfer as 3 U.S. semester credits or 4.5 quarter credits. Each course has 36 contact hours; it is up to the participant’s home university to determine ultimate credit approval and transfer.
Courses in Cluster 1 will be held in the morning, and courses in Cluster 2 will be held in the afternoon. Students interested in adding a second course will be responsible of any additional fees. For scheduling reasons, students taking two courses must select one course from each of the clusters.
All courses are limited to the first 45 students and are admitted on a first come, first serve basis. Each course must meet a minimum enrollment and there is a chance that SMU may cancel a course due to low enrollment. Students should always have 1-2 back up courses in each cluster. TEAN will enroll you in your courses at SMU during the application process. Courses will be confirmed once you receive your offer letter from SMU.
For detailed instructions on how to find courses and syllabi, please see our course selection instructionsCourse Selection
|Communications & Media||
|Humanities & Social Sciences||
- 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of participation.
Dates, Fees & Inclusions
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. We recommend submitting your application anytime from January for Summer applications. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
|Summer Deadline||March 1|
Your signed program contract and full payment for the program are due by the program deadline. Please note we do have options for using financial aid and enrolling in a payment plan if you cannot make full payment by the payment deadline. You can find more information about funding your program here
|Summer Payment Deadline||March 15|
Summer 2023 Dates
|Application Deadline||March 1|
|Arrival Date||Late June|
|Program Ends||Late July|
Summer 2023 Fees
- Tuition for 1 Course: $2,700
- Housing and program fees for the 4-Week Program: $4,250
- Tuition (1 course)
- Guaranteed, pre-arranged housing
- Comprehensive overseas health insurance
- Services of local Resident Directors
- TEAN Arrival Orientation Program
- Cultural Excursions around Singapore
- Travel arrangements and advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Airport pickup and reception and transfer at end of program
- Pre-departure planning sessions and assistance from U.S.-based TEAN staff (including pre-departure guide for students and immigration/visa assistance)
- Host university orientation
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
- International airfare ($1,100)
- Student visa ($80)
- Meals during the summer ($400)
- Airport transfer at end of semester ($25)
- Travel insurance ($350)
*Numbers are estimated based on previous student experience and budget. Actual amounts will vary depending on student.
Apply for TEAN scholarships – starting at $1,000 – for the chance to receive money specifically for studying abroad. Each year we award thousands of dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships, diversity scholarships, a full ride scholarship and more. Visit our scholarships page for details!
We Love Singapore
Paula Rivera Santos
Sungei Buloh Wetlands
If you fancy getting acquainted with Singapore’s unique wildlife, keep this serene nature reserve high on your list. It’s recently opened a new extension that boasts a coastal boardwark and mid-canopy walk, both which let you get much closer to a host of critters, including monitor lizards, mudskippers, herons, horseshoe crabs and lots of other creepy crawlies.