There is an abundance of things to do on your trip to Korea whether it … Read more
Hanyang University Winter Program
Take advantage of your winter break by spending your J-Term in Korea’s vibrant capital! While wintering in Seoul, you will enjoy delicious street food, sledding, K-Pop holiday concerts, and warming up in Korean hot springs. This program is available at Hanyang University. Choose between Hanyang University’s two- or three-week sessions . You will explore Korea’s dynamic destinations and experience all that is Korean culture while earning up to six credits.
Make the most of your winter break by studying abroad in a world-class city at a top-rated university
Spend up to 3 weeks studying in Seoul while learning about Korean culture through the arts of K-pop dance, Taekwondo, and Korean cooking classes
Participate in immersive experiences that will further your cultural connections
Appreciate access to TEAN’s Seoul Resident Director for continued support throughout the duration of the winter program
Upon arrival meet up with our Resident Director who will help you get acquainted to your new home with a walking tour of the local area and campus and introduction to the public transport system.
In Seoul, our main housing option is located off-campus with Hanyang University at Dwell Dongaemun. Dwell is located about 20 minutes from Hanyang University via subway in a central area of Seoul. Tons of restaurants, markets and shopping are within walking distance!
Only double rooms are available for off-campus housing. All rooms consist of air-conditioned double rooms with free WiFi. Students will share the bathroom with their roommates and have their own bed and desk. Students also have access to laundry facilities, communal kitchen, a gym, rooftop terrace and community room.
Our team works with you start to finish through the study abroad process. Our programs staff will help guide you through the application process to go abroad, then upon arrival in South Korea, you will meet our team who will provide assistance during your time in-country. Our staff is readily available and able to assist you with any academic, social, or cultural questions or issues that you may face during your time abroad.Meet the Team
Hanyang University has its own cultural immersion committee called the Winter Angels of Hanyang International Winter School or Wingels for short. The Wingels are volunteer students who ensure that your stay at Hanyang is memorable. Five fun activities including a cruise party and a one-day ski trip are ready for students to explore all corners of the Korean culture. Students may choose up to 3 activities for free, taking part in these activities on the weekend is a brilliant way to give students a well-rounded snapshot of the contemporary Korean lifestyle.
Academics - Hanyang University
ABOUT HANYANG UNIVERSITY
- Established in 1939, specifically as a university of technology, Hanyang University is one of the top private research institutions in South Korea.
- The university ranks 24th in the 2020 QS World University Rankings of the best universities in Asia and 150th in the world.
- While the university has expanded to offer a comprehensive range of courses, it is still known for its technological focus and was ranked 11th in Reuter’s 2019 Asia Pacific’s Most Innovative Universities
- Located in east Seoul, Hanyang University’s campus is easily accessible to the rest of the capital.
- The campus is like American university campuses, offering comparable student facilities and amenities.
Hanyang University is a traditional campus located in Eastern Seoul. Visit the google map link below to see the location.View Map
Choose from 11 courses taught in English, plus have the option to take Korean language courses. Course registration will open mid-October, so we recommend students submit all application materials early to register in the first round of enrollment. The second round is held mid-November and final round early December.
Students can enroll in 1-2 courses (3-4 Hanyang credits), which usually transfers as 3-4 U.S. semester credits or 4.5-5.5 quarter credits. Some elective courses are only worth 1 credit (1 U.S. semester credit). The participant’s home university will determine ultimate credit approval and transfer.
Courses are available in English in the below disciplines. For detailed instructions on how to find courses and to see a list of available courses, please see our course selection instructions.Course Selection
- 2.5 GPA. Students with a slightly lower GPA should contact TEAN and may be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
- Enrolled at a two- or four-year institution at the time of participation.
- Gap year students can apply if they have completed high school at the time of enrollment, and can show proof of acceptance into a U.S. institution for the semester immediately following their program at Hanyang University.
Dates, Fees & Inclusions
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
|Winter Deadline||Nov 1|
Your signed program contract and full payment for the program are due by the program deadline. Please note we do have options for using financial aid and enrolling in a payment plan if you cannot make full payment by the payment deadline. You can find more information about funding your program here
|Winter Payment Deadline||Nov 15|
hanyang University Program Dates 2022/2023
|Arrival Date||Dec 21, 2022|
|TEAN Orientation||Dec 22, 2022|
|Classes Start||Dec 23, 2022|
|HYU Orientation||Dec 23, 2022|
|Program Ends||Jan 8, 2023|
|Arrival Date||Jan 25, 2023|
|TEAN Orientation||Jan 26, 2023|
|Classes Start||Jan 27, 2023|
|HYU Orientation||Jan 27, 2023|
|Program Ends||Feb 12, 2023|
hanyang University Program Fees 2022/2023
Program Fee Session A: $3,450
Program Fee Session B: $3,450
- Tuition for 1-2 courses (you choose how many courses you want to take; the program fee stays the same)
- Off-campus student accommodation
- Comprehensive overseas health insurance
- Services of local Resident Directors
- TEAN Arrival Orientation Program
- Host university orientation
- Travel arrangements and advice
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Airport pickup and reception
- Pre-departure planning sessions and assistance from U.S.-based TEAN staff (including pre-departure guide for students and immigration/visa assistance)
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International airfare ($1,500)
- Books ($20-$80)
- Personal expenses ($125 per week)
- Meals ($90 per week)
- Airport transfer at end of program ($10 for public transportation or $60-80 for taxi)
- Travel insurance ($350)
- Korea Electronic Travel Authorization, K-ETA ($10)
- Visa for non-US citizens ($45-100)
*Numbers are estimated based on previous student experience and budget. Actual amounts will vary depending on student.
We Love Seoul
Student Services Coordinator - Seoul
For ease of mobility, get a T-Money card and download the transit app, Kakao Subway, which will tell you all of the connections, wait times and best routes for your commute. (Side note: if venturing outside of the city, make sure to have some won on hand, as some places still don’t accept cards.)