Studying abroad can be somewhat intimidating, especially for someone (like me) that has traveled very … Read more
Accelerate your STEM studies at one of Asia’s most cutting-edge institutions, Hanyang University, while experiencing living in the South Korean capital of Seoul. Geared toward business, economics, and engineering majors, this semester program puts you in the center of a leading world economy (and fourth-largest in Asia), that’s home to high-tech, multinational corporations like LG, Samsung, and Hyundai. Known for its innovative approach, state-of-the-art labs, and commitment to developing inventive, entrepreneurial global leaders, Hanyang University is ranked 11th in Reuter’s 2019 Asia Pacific’s Most Innovative Universities. All courses are taught in English by local and international faculty. Inside the classroom, mingle with local Korean students, TEAN students, and other international students. Outside of class, explore Seoul’s buzzing lifestyle, all while immersing yourself in Korean culture.
Choose from courses taught in English covering engineering, science, business, design, humanities, computer science, and international studies
Further your knowledge with hands-on learning in Hanyang’s high-tech labs and unique innovation spaces
Stay in student dorms to fully immerse yourself in Korean student life
Live in Seoul, one of world’s the most exciting cities and a place that combines cutting-edge technology, nature, and ancient history like no other
Participate in TEAN’s exclusive on-site orientation in Seoul – get to know the city, learn about Korea’s rich history, and have an adventure, all while getting adjusted to your new home
Benefit from access to TEAN’s Seoul Resident Director for continued support throughout the semester
Jump into your new life in Seoul with a four-day Orientation program from TEAN covering how to get around town, Korea’s intriguing culture and everything in between. Throughout the first couple of days in country participants will have the opportunity to meet their fellow TEAN classmates while discovering some of the most interesting sites in Seoul and experiencing Korean delicious cuisine.
You’ll stay in on-campus dormitories that will help immerse you into Korean student life right away! Dorms consist of air-conditioned double rooms with free WiFi. You also have access to laundry facilities, dining halls, convenience stores, cafes and a fitness center.
Our team works with you start to finish through the study abroad process. Our programs staff will help guide you through the application process to go abroad, then upon arrival in South Korea, you will meet our team who will provide assistance during your time in-country. Throughout your semester you will meet with the Seoul Resident Director for informal discussions and cultural activities. Our staff is readily available and able to assist you with any academic, social, or cultural questions or issues that you may face during your time abroad.Meet the Team
TEAN Cultural Events
Our local staff arrange various activities during the semester designed to help immerse you in the local culture. These activities are included in your semester program. In the past they have included an overnight stay at a Buddhist temple, a Korean cooking class and a tour of Dae Jang Geum Park, an outdoor film set used for many K Dramas!
Your program also includes a weekend excursion to Busan, the second largest city in South Korea that is known for its natural beauty.
- Established in 1939, specifically as a university of technology, Hanyang University is one of the top private research institutions in South Korea.
- The university ranks 24th in the 2020 QS World University Rankings of the best universities in Asia and 150th in the world.
- While the university has expanded to offer a comprehensive range of courses, it is still known for its technological focus and was ranked 11th in Reuter’s 2019 Asia Pacific’s Most Innovative Universities
- Located in east Seoul, Hanyang University’s campus is easily accessible to the rest of the capital.
- The campus is similar to American university campuses, offering comparable student facilities and amenities.
Hanyang University is a traditional campus located in Eastern Seoul. Visit the google map link below to see the location.View Map
Courses are available in English in the below disciplines. Students enroll in 4-5 courses per semester (3 credits), which usually transfers as 12-15 U.S. semester credits or 18-22.5 quarter credits. While students can enroll in up to 20 credits/semester, we recommend enrolling in no more than 12-15 semester credits. The participant’s home university will determine ultimate credit approval and transfer.
Students will enroll in courses approximately 3 weeks prior to departure and will have the opportunity to make changes during the add/drop period once classes begin. For detailed instructions on how to find courses and syllabi, please see our course selection instructions.Course Selection
TEAN students get first dibs on the following courses at Hanyang University:
- BUS2035 Management of Global Corporations
- BUS4070 Distribution Channel Management
- INT3004 International Marketing
- BUS3113 Asia Business and Marketing
- BUS3009 International Business
- BUS2003 Marketing Management
- BUS3022 International Financial Management
- BUS3014 Consumer Behavior
Additional Areas of Study
|Communications & Media||
|Humanities & Social Sciences||
|Visual and Performing Arts, & Design||
- 2.5 GPA. Students with a slightly lower GPA should contact TEAN and may be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
- Enrolled at a two- or four-year institution at the time of participation.
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. We recommend submitting your application anytime from June for Spring applications, and from January for Fall applications. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
|Spring Deadline||Nov 1|
|Fall Deadline||May 1|
Your signed program contract and full payment for the program are due by the program deadline. Please note we do have options for using financial aid and enrolling in a payment plan if you cannot make full payment by the payment deadline. You can find more information about funding your program here
|Spring Payment Deadline||Nov 15|
|Fall Payment Deadline||TBD|
|Arrival Date||Late February|
|Program Ends||Late June|
|Arrival Date||Aug 29|
|University Orientation||Aug 30|
|Classes Begin||Sept. 1|
|Program Ends||Dec 22|
Fees & Inclusions
Tuition, program fees and housing: $11,995
Tuition, program fees and housing: $11,250
- Full tuition (4-5 courses)
- On-campus student accommodation
- Comprehensive overseas health insurance
- Services of local Resident Directors
- Orientation Program with meals, accommodations and transportation
- Access to our recommended travel agent to assist with booking flights
- Busan weekend excursion
- Cultural events and TEAN catch ups during the semester
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Help with student visa preparation
- Financial aid transfer planning
- Airport pickup and reception
- Host university orientation
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
- International airfare ($1,200)
- Student visa ($100)
- Books ($200)
- Meals during the semester ($1,600)
- Travel insurance ($350)
- National health insurance required by the Korean government (approx. $40/month)
*Numbers are estimated based on previous student experience and budget. Actual amounts will vary depending on student.
Apply for TEAN scholarships – starting at $1,000 – for the chance to receive money specifically for studying abroad. Each year we award thousands of dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships, diversity scholarships, a full ride scholarship and more. Visit our scholarships page for details!
We Love Seoul
Student Service Manager - Seoul
For ease of mobility, get a T-Money card and download the transit app, Kakao Subway, which will tell you all of the connections, wait times and best routes for your commute. (Side note: if venturing outside of the city, make sure to have some won on hand, as some places still don’t accept cards.)
Senior Program Manager
The Hongdae neighborhood is the center of nightlife for college students in Seoul – you’ll likely make some new friends from all over the world hanging out in Hongdae Park. Try to catch one of the many cool events, like Silent Discos that take place very frequently right inside the playground area. All throughout the city you’ll randomly come across a street performance or a parade of some sort but Hongdae is an especially great area for interesting activities and delicious street food.