Studying abroad can be somewhat intimidating, especially for someone (like me) that has traveled very … Read more
Korea University Summer Program
Spend the summer in one of the world’s most vibrant capital cities, Seoul, while studying at the distinguished Korea University. Known for its outstanding academic programs and beautiful campus, students can take a range of comprehensive courses, all offered in English, ensuring they still meet graduation requirements. Throughout the program, participants will have the chance to take part in fun activities designed to introduce them to the many facets of Korean culture outside of the classroom.
Spend your summer in Seoul, one of the world’s most exciting cities
Study at Korea University (KU), a member of Korea’s prestigious SKY universities, where you can choose from more than 120 courses across eight academic disciplines
Participate in a valuable on-site orientation at the start of your program
Make new friends and network with more than 1,600 international students from more than 40 countries participating in one of Asia’s top international summer schools
Get involved in a number of unique cultural activities and excursions in order to make the most of your summer, while gaining valuable insight into Korean culture and seeing more of the beautiful country
Appreciate access to TEAN’s Seoul Resident Director for continued support throughout the duration of the summer program
Arrive in South Korea for a one-day orientation run by our Seoul-based staff. An introductory tour around Seoul and welcome dinner will get you accustomed to your surroundings and our local support team. The day before classes start at Korea University, take advantage of the university Orientation during which you will be introduced to the KU campus.
Students live on campus in modern, student dormitory accommodation with twin share rooms. There are spacious kitchens on each floor along with an additional common study space. Utilities and Internet are included.
Our team works with you start to finish through the study abroad process. Our programs staff will help guide you through the application process to go abroad, then upon arrival in South Korea, you will meet our team who will provide assistance during your time in-country. Our staff is readily available and able to assist you with any academic, social, or cultural questions or issues that you may face during your time abroad.Meet the Team
Korea University helps immerse you in the local culture by providing “buddy assistants”, local KU students that help organize social and cultural activities for you to feel at home and part of the KU family. From Korean traditional arts, a visit to the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) outside of Seoul or learning K-Pop dances, KU makes every effort to ensure that you are able to make the most of your summer in Korea.
About Korea University
- Established in 1905, Korea University is a member of the prestigious group of SKY universities in Korea, similar to the Ivy League in the U.S.
- Korea University is ranked 51st in the world for Social Sciences and Management based on the QS World University Rankings 2020.
- Korea University’s Business School is the first and only business school in the country to have acquired both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation.
- A private institution, Korea University boasts a beautifully manicured campus with award-winning architecture that combines classic and modern styles and is considered to be one of the most attractive campuses in South Korea.
Korea University is a traditional campus located in the Anam neighborhood of Seoul’s Seongbuk district, 3 miles from the city center. Visit the google map link below to see the location.View Map
Choose from more than 80 courses across 7 disciplines, all taught in English (with the exception of Korean language courses). Students will enroll in courses during the application process, but can make changes up until the first week of classes during the add/drop period.
Students can choose to enroll in the 4-week or 6-week program. Regardless of program length, students will take 1-2 courses. Each course is worth 3 KU credits, typically transferring as 3 U.S. semester credits or 4.5 quarter credits. Students have the opportunity to earn up to 6 semester credits (9 quarter credits) during the program. Students needing to take a third course should speak to their TEAN Program Manager when they apply. The participant’s home university will determine ultimate credit approval and transfer.
Courses are available in English in the below disciplines. For detailed instructions on how to find courses and to see a list of available courses, please see our course selection instructions.Course Selection
|Communications & Media||
|Humanities & Social Sciences||
- 2.5 GPA. Students with a slightly lower GPA should contact TEAN and may be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
- Enrolled at a two or four-year institution at the time of participation.
- High school students are eligible to apply but must take classes from the pre-college course list.
Dates, Fees & Inclusions
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. We recommend submitting your application anytime from January for Summer applications. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
|Summer Deadline||May 1|
Your signed program contract and full payment for the program are due by the program deadline. Please note we do have options for using financial aid and enrolling in a payment plan if you cannot make full payment by the payment deadline. You can find more information about funding your program here
|Summer Payment Deadline||May 15|
Summer 2022 Dates
|Arrival Date||June 26|
|KU Orientation||June 28|
|Classes Begin||June 29|
|4-Week Program Ends||July 22|
|6-Week Program Ends||Aug 5|
Summer 2023 Fees*
1 course – $5,995
2 courses – $5,250
1 course – $5,495
2 courses – $6,450
All prices listed include housing for a double room.
*If you are interested in taking a third course, please contact us.
- Tuition for 1-2 courses
- On-campus international student accommodation
- Comprehensive overseas health insurance
- Services of local Resident Directors
- TEAN Arrival Orientation Program
- A Cultural Excursion in Seoul
- Help with student visa preparation
- Travel arrangements and advice
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Airport pickup and reception
- Pre-departure planning sessions and assistance from U.S.-based TEAN staff (including pre-departure guide for students and immigration/visa assistance)
- Host university orientation
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
- International airfare ($1,500)
- Visa for non-US citizens ($45-100)
- Books ($40-100)
- Personal expenses ($750-1,000)
- Meals ($700-1,000)
- Airport transfer at end of program ($10 for public transportation or $60-80 for taxi)
- Travel insurance ($350)
- Korea Electronic Travel Authorization, K-ETA ($10)
Apply for TEAN scholarships – starting at $1,000 – for the chance to receive money specifically for studying abroad. Each year we award thousands of dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships, diversity scholarships, a full ride scholarship and more. Visit our scholarships page for details!
In addition to the above TEAN scholarships, Korea University provides one additional $2,000 scholarship and one $1,000 each summer. Any TEAN Korea students that apply for a TEAN scholarship will automatically be considered for these university specific scholarships.
We Love Seoul
Student Service Manager - Seoul
A visit to the breathtaking Changdeokgung Palace and its Secret Garden is a great way to spend an afternoon. Make sure to reserve your spot on a guided tour – there are several options in English – and you’ll leave with a wealth of historical knowledge and some beautiful photos!